About the role:
Building on our award winning live-in care, we’re launching a brand new Daily Care service. We’re now looking for passionate people with a desire to make a difference to come and be a part of it.
We’re looking for carers in and around London to provide one to one support to older people at home. You’ll return to your own home at the end of each daily shift, and will work directly with the customer to create a schedule everyone is happy with – meaning caring with Elder can fit around your friends, family and hobbies.
These aren’t hourly visits – during each shift you’ll have plenty of time to provide meaningful support and form real connections, caring for just one, or occasionally two people at a time.
Care recipients are likely to not yet need or want round the clock support. Your extra assistance and company throughout the day will help them to stay in control and independent for as long as possible.
Daily responsibilities will vary depending on your care recipient, but may include:
- Helping to keep up a daily routine
- Prompting personal care and medication
- Preparing meals at regular intervals
- Providing companionship
- Helping with hobbies and interests
- Keeping the home clean and organised
- Running errands such as picking up prescriptions, or doing the shopping
- Keeping pets fed, exercised and happy
- Light gardening, such as watering flower beds
- Support with using technology, such as the television or computer
- Keeping on top of post, paperwork, and appointments
- Keeping the family regularly updated
A weekly rate of up to £675
£5 for travel per day
Double pay on bank holidays
Dedicated support from Elder
Extra perks and rewards with Elder’s award winning Carer Loyalty Programme
Available to work from September 2022
Ideally have 6 months professional care experience
Ability to provide 2 professional references that Elder can verify
Good level of spoken English and the right to work in the UK
Ability to attend 20-30 minute online interview, so that we can get to know you better
How to Apply:
We’ve made applying easy. Our simple online application form can be completed in minutes, and all of our onboarding process is fully-remote via phone and video call, and will be arranged at a time that suits you.