About the role:
Building on our award winning live-in care, we’ve launched a brand new Daily Care service. We’re now looking for passionate people with a desire to make a difference to come and be a part of it.
We’re looking for carers local to Redhill to provide one to one support to older people at home. Opportunities will be available throughout the surrounding South East region. You’ll return to your own home at the end of each daily shift, and will work directly with the customer to create a schedule everyone is happy with – meaning caring with Elder can fit around your friends, family and hobbies.
Care recipients are likely to not yet need or want round-the-clock support so shifts may be flexible throughout the day depending on the placement. Your extra assistance and company throughout the day will help them to stay in control and independent for as long as possible and you’ll have plenty of time to provide meaningful support and form real connections.
Daily responsibilities will vary depending on your care recipient and whether the placement is part or full-time, but may include:
- Helping to keep up a daily routine
- Prompting personal care and medication
- Preparing meals at regular intervals
- Providing companionship
- Helping with hobbies and interests
- Keeping the home clean and organised
- Running errands such as picking up prescriptions, or doing the shopping
- Keeping pets fed, exercised and happy
- Light gardening, such as watering flower beds
- Support with using technology, such as the television or computer
- Keeping on top of post, paperwork, and appointments
- Keeping the family regularly updated
Earn £18 per hour
Receive dedicated support from Elder
Get rewarded for caring – with Elder’s Loyalty programme you can access exclusive rewards including free health and well-being services, shopping discounts, e-learning, a monthly bonus, and more
- Ideally have 6 months professional care experience
- Ability to provide 2 professional references that Elder can verify
- Good level of spoken English and the right to work in the UK
- Ability to attend 20-30 minute online interview, so that we can get to know you better
- Double vaccinated
How to Apply:
We’ve made applying easy. Our simple online application form can be completed in minutes, and all of our onboarding process is fully-remote via phone and video call, and will be arranged at a time that suits you.
Please note this is not a live-in care opportunity.