About the role –
Building on our award winning live-in care, we’ve launched a brand new Hourly Care service. We’re now looking for passionate people with a desire to make a difference to come and be a part of it.
We’re looking for carers local to Folkestone to provide one to one support to older people at home. Working on average between 5 – 20 hours a week, these part-time opportunities will be available throughout Kent and the surrounding South East region. You’ll return to your own home at the end of each shift, and will work directly with the customer to create a schedule everyone is happy with – meaning caring with Elder can fit around your friends, family and hobbies.
Care recipients are likely to not yet need or want round-the-clock support so shifts may be flexible throughout the day depending on the placement. Your extra assistance and company throughout the day will help them to stay in control and independent for as long as possible and you’ll have plenty of time to provide meaningful support and form real connections.
Daily responsibilities will vary depending on your care recipient but may include:
- Helping to keep up a daily routine
- Prompting personal care and medication
- Preparing meals at regular intervals
- Providing companionship
- Helping with hobbies and interests
- Keeping the home clean and organised
- Running errands such as picking up prescriptions, or doing the shopping
- Keeping pets fed, exercised and happy
- Light gardening, such as watering flower beds
- Support with using technology, such as the television or computer
- Keeping on top of post, paperwork, and appointments
- Keeping the family regularly updated
- Earn £18 per hour
- Receive dedicated support from Elder
- Get rewarded for caring – with Elder’s Loyalty programme you can access exclusive rewards including free health and well-being services, shopping discounts, e-learning, a monthly bonus, and more
- Able to provide between 5-20 hours of care a week (additional hours may be available)
- Have at least 6 months professional care experience
- The ability to provide 2 professional references that Elder can verify
- A good level of spoken English and the right to work in the UK
- Ability to attend a 20-30 minute online interview, so that we can get to know you better
- Double vaccinated
How to Apply:
We’ve made applying easy. Our simple online application form can be completed in minutes, and all of our onboarding process is fully-remote via phone and video call, and will be arranged at a time that suits you.
Please note this is not a live-in care opportunity.