- Local Authority placements in community hospitals and visiting care
- 3 month placement, starting 9th January 2023
- Accommodation, travel and food costs will be covered
Please note this is not a live-in care opportunity.
Are you enthusiastic about making a positive difference to others? Elder has partnered with Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust, and is seeking care assistants for opportunities around the Sussex coast. You’ll provide bespoke care and support patient rehabilitation, either in a community hospital setting, or through daily home visits.
Working on behalf of the hospital reablement teams, your responsibilities will include –
- Supporting people recently discharged from hospital with mobility and personal care
- Helping with everyday tasks and encouraging independence
- Integrating with existing team members and procedures
Depending on your previous experience, you’ll be working in one of the following settings –
Residential care in community hospitals
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a residential care home or hospital setting required
- There will be a mix of 12 hour day and night shifts, totalling 48 working hours over a 7 day period
Domiciliary / visiting care across the Sussex area
- A minimum of 6 months experience providing domiciliary or home care required
- You’ll conduct daily care visits in patients’ own homes, visiting 5 to 10 people over each 12 hour shift.
- You’ll need a valid driver’s license, and your own car is preferred.
To apply for these Local Authority placements, you’ll need –
- To be self-employed (we can provide further information and support on this)
- To have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine (preferred)
- 2 professional references that Elder can verify
- A valid and clean enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check in England & Wales or PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups membership) in Scotland
- Good level of spoken English and the right to work in the UK
- Ability to attend 20-30 minute online interview, so that we can get to know you better
As a care assistant you’ll get –
- A weekly rate of £770
- An induction with the Sussex team before your first shift
- Accommodation (if needed)
- Dedicated round-the-clock support
- Free external E-learning, so you can grow your skills in specialist areas
- The opportunity to join the Elder carer loyalty programme and access exclusive rewards that can help you stay healthy, reach your financial goals
We’ve made applying easy. Our simple online application form can be completed in minutes, and all of our onboarding process is fully-remote via phone and video call, and will be arranged at a time that suits you.