Would you like to join a network of Live-in Carers that are transforming the lives of older people – helping them to stay connected to the people and places who make them who they are? We currently have a number of private live in carer job opportunities in Burnham-on-crouch / Southminster.
At Elder, the UK’s #1 live-in care agency, we understand that care is as much about making a difference, as making a living – and living well. As an Elder-approved carer you’ll always be free to choose the placements that fit around your life, receive an industry leading rate and access exclusive rewards for your care, and get round-the-clock support from a dedicated team.
With Elder you’ll get:
- A minimum weekly rate of £720+, with some placements offering up to £865 per week
- Double pay on bank holidays, and if you’re happy to drive as part of your placement, you could get a monthly bonus of up to £200 too
- Your travel costs to and from your placement paid in full no matter how far you travel within the UK
- The opportunity to join the carer loyalty programme. Your very first day of care will give you access to exclusive rewards that can help you stay healthy, reach your financial goals, and balance your work and personal time.
- Full flexibility to choose who you care for as a live-in carer, and when, all of which can be easily managed in our online portal
- Your own comfortable private space when working on placement, plus the cost of all meals covered
- Dedicated round-the-clock support from our expert support team, and a 24 hour placement helpline
- Free access to an external E-learning platform, so you can grow your skills in specialist areas
- Access to our referral scheme, paying £300 each to you and a friend after they join Elder and work for 14 days
We’ve made applying easy. Our simple online application form can be completed in minutes, and all of our onboarding process is fully-remote via phone and video call, and will be arranged at a time that suits you.
What you’ll need:
- A real passion for improving the lives of older people
- Ability to commit to placements for a minimum of 7 nights
- A Basic Care Certificate – don’t worry if you don’t have one already, we can help you gain this qualification through our external e-learning partner
- A valid clean enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check in England & Wales or PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups membership) in Scotland (we can help you get one if you don’t have one)
- Professional experience working in adult or elderly care
- Ability to provide 2 professional references that Elder can verify
- Good level of spoken English and the right to work in the UK
- Ability to attend 20-30 minute online interview, so that we can get to know you better